Become a disability support worker
Applications now open
Interested in becoming a support worker with Endeavour Foundation?
Endeavour Foundation is currently recruiting for new support workers across Queensland. This exciting opportunity suits anyone who has previous experience in the industry, or someone who is looking for a new role where they can form genuine human connections to help people with intellectual disability live their best lives.
At Endeavour Foundation we focus on ability – on dreams, goals and potential. We collaborate with the people we support to imagine possibilities, and then work together to make them happen.
Whether it’s learning new skills, living independently, socialising and making new friends, exploring interests and trying new things, we work with the people we support to make possibilities a reality.
For our support workers, we offer flexible hours, a varied workday and generous remuneration packages.
What is a support worker?
Support workers at Endeavour Foundation provide care, companionship, and practical support for people with intellectual disability.
As a support worker, your day may involve things like helping someone learn to cook their favourite meal, accompanying them to a gym class in the community or practicing life skills such as catching public transport.
What kind of things do support workers assist with?
- Accompanying people into the community, and to appointments and activities
- Supporting people to live independently through tasks like meal management, household budgeting and providing support to clean and tidy
- Educating people about life skills and personal care
- Medication administration where required
- Supporting people to develop new hobbies and interests
- Supporting people to live their best lives and be as independent as they want to be.
What skills do I need to become a support worker?
No formal skills or qualifications are required as training will be provided on the job. However, the following requirements do apply:
- Hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check (Blue Card) & an NDIS Worker Screening Check (previously a Yellow Card)
- Hold or be willing to obtain a First Aid and CPR certificate
- Willing to undertake a “Fit2Work” National Criminal History Check (should you be successful)
- In line with the direction from State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from 15 December 2021. Endeavour Foundation is currently in consultation regarding mandating COVID-19 vaccination for all other employees
- Open Driver's Licence with comprehensive insurance to transfer the people we support into the community
- Passionate about making a difference!
Do I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to be a support worker?
Yes. In line with the direction from the State Government, all authorised workers defined under the Queensland Public Health Order will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 from 15 December 2021.
What hours are available?
Roles are available for permanent part-time staff, with rosters ranging from 40-50 hours per fortnight, up to 76 hours per fortnight.
What benefits does Endeavour Foundation offer?
- Attractive hourly rate and benefits
- Salary packaging, up to $15,900 per year tax-free
- On the job training, with opportunities for career progression through encouraged and ongoing professional development
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and family
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- Paid parental
When can I start?
We’re looking for staff to start early in 2022, and will be interviewing as applications are received. Please note we are unable to respond to applications or schedule interviews over the Christmas and New Year period (24 December – 3 January).
Where are the roles available?
We currently have roles available in the following regions:
- Hervey Bay
- Sunshine Coast
- Brisbane (including Redlands)
- Gold Coast
I’m interested! How do I apply?
Click here to submit your resume and answer a few questions. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant.
Why should you become a support worker? Read Aaron's story
Aaron, Support Worker picture with Maddie.
"I’ve worked in a variety of jobs, like youth work and school care, then I saw Endeavour Foundation was looking for a support worker. I thought I’d be good at it and that it would be a good job until I finished studying. Instead, I grew to love it so much, I never left. I’ve been working with the organisation for six years.
Working in the disability sector I get to meet so many interesting people and have so much fun with them. It’s great to see people achieve big or little things they’re working on, skills they want to build or goals they really want to achieve. The work is fulfilling in a lot of ways."