Disability Royal Commission
Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
A Royal Commission is the highest level of public inquiry in Australia. Its main functions are to investigate an issue, produce a report and make recommendations to the government.
The Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability was established in April 2019. The exact scope and issues to be considered are set out in the Terms of Reference.
Endeavour Foundation welcomes the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability because it will provide a platform for people with disability to be heard.
Abuse is not inevitable for people with disability and must not be tolerated under any circumstances.
We acknowledge the courage of people who come forward and share their experiences and we applauded the Royal Commission in its commitment to assist in creating an inclusive and accessible community.
The seriousness with which we view the Royal Commission and acknowledge its importance to make things better for people for disability is such that we will:
- dedicate resources to coordinate our response to the Royal Commission;
- prepare and respond to the Royal Commission in line with our values;
- engage openly, honestly and transparently with the Royal Commission;
- listen and learn from the Royal Commission and take up opportunities to better improve the quality and safety of our services;
- respond with humility and empathy to any allegation brought to the Royal Commission involving Endeavour Foundation. If we have done wrong, we will seek to offer a comprehensive sponse including a sincere apology and efforts to make amends;
- ensure people we support, their families and carers and employees are well informed about the Royal Commission and appropriately supported to engage with the Royal Commission.
Please contact us if you have a question or would like support to engage with the Royal Commission by emailing email@example.com.
We expect every employee to work within established safeguards and human rights frameworks that protect the rights and wellbeing of our customers.
We welcome all feedback and complaints. We take them seriously as they help us to improve our services.
All feedback and complaints are managed by our safeguarding team.
Please click here if you have any concerns about the services we provide.
More information and resources
Endeavour Foundation resources
Quality, safety and you booklet ‐ booklet ‐ easy read (coming soon)
If you have any questions about the Royal Commission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
External resources and advocacy organisation