NDIS in QLD
- On 25 September 2015, the Commonwealth and Queensland Governments announced an early transition to the NDIS in Townsville, Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers and Palm Island.
- Full roll-out of the NDIS commenced in Queensland from 1 July 2016 – as per the timelines below – and by July 2019, all eligible Queenslanders will be covered by the Scheme.
NDIS Rollout Timeline
1 July 2016
- Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers, Townsville
1 November 2016
- Mackay, Bowen & the Whitsundays
1 January 2017
- Toowoomba, Stanthorpe & Warwick
1 July 2017
1 October 2017
1 January 2018
- Gladstone, Rockhampton
1 July 2018
- Brisbane (North & South), Gold Coast, Logan & Redlands, Cairns, Fraser Coast
1 January 2019
- Moreton Bay, Caboolture, Strathpine, Sunshine Coast, Noosa & Gympie
Blogs and NDIS information you maybe interested in
Get ready for the NDIS with these pre-planning tools
A pre-planning booklet to help you to think about the supports you want and need – now and in the future – before meeting with your NDIA planner.
Discover guide to the NDIS
A practical, comprehensive guide to the NDIS, to help people understand the various components of the NDIS and how to access them.
NDIS FAQs and Glossary of Terms
A handy guide of NDIS FAQs and a glossary so you can familiarise yourself with NDIS language before your planning meeting.