02nd April - Staying in Place
Staying in Place means we are supporting people to stay at home and away from all situations where the COVID-19 virus might spread easily.
In response to this protective measure, and to assure you we are acting in the best interest of people living in Accommodation Services, 75% of homes will act a Staying in Place measure where residents are 55 years or older, or where people live with a chronic medical condition.
Staying in place will commence at 5pm, Sunday 5th April and is a temporary response to COVID-19.
01st April – Suspending work for all supported employees
After very careful consideration, Endeavour Foundation has decided to take unprecedented measures in response to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis by temporarily:
- suspending work for all supported employees; and
- closing all sites except for Keon Park, Seven Hills, Oakleigh, Maroochydore, Wacol and Mt Druitt.
These decisions are effective Monday 6th April.
27th March – Service changes
- Our Endeavour Foundation Retail stores have been temporarily closed.
- Our Lottery Prize Home has been temporarily closed to the public.
- QArt Gallery is temporarily closed until further notice. Our online store is still up and running and the QArt Studio is operating.
- Some of our Tip Shops have been closed to the public as required by local councils.
27th March – Keon Park and Kew reopen
We have resumed operations on Monday 30th March at our Keon Park and Kew sites.
Due to a staff member who is unwell and being tested for Covid-19, we have decided to shut down two of our Business Solutions sites at Keon Park and Kew for a 24-hour period on Friday 27 March.
This will allow us the ability to do a full sanitation clean of the site.
25th March Learning and Lifestyle (L&L) centres – Temporarily closing
As we follow public health guidelines to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are making changes to the way we operate for the safety of people we support. As a result, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close all our Learning and Lifestyle (L&L) centres in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria until further notice. The last day of operation will be Friday 27 March 2020.
In line with the Government’s most recent advice on safe social distancing and the closures of places of social gathering, Endeavour Foundation has made the decision to temporarily suspend the following services:
- Golden Beach Retail Store – due to the small size of the shop floor.
- Kingaroy Kitchen Café
- Penrith Learning and Lifestyle hub
Limitation on Visitors to our Supported Accommodation
Suspension on the delivery of all non-critical activities across our Community Access and In-home Support services.
Advice for Customers and Families
If you are unwell
As the health and safety of our customers and employees is our most important priority, we ask everyone, whether they are staff or customers, to please stay at home if they are feeling unwell.
If you are unwell with a fever, cold, cough or have difficulty breathing, it’s important to please seek medical advice immediately.
We have made available for our families and customers a Coronavirus hotline, This hotline is available free, 24/7 and is staffed by nurses. If you have any questions or concerns about Coronavirus or are feeling unwell, please contact them on 1800 983 006 and they will advise you on your next steps.
Your Contact Details
At times like these, it is very important we have your most up to date contact details including email address, mailing address and phone number, including mobile phone. This is especially important if we need to contact you urgently.
Last updated: 16 March 2020.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority. We have implemented the following measures to ensure that our customers are as safe as possible. You can keep up to date with all the changes at our services in the Service Updates page:
- Ensuring all customers have at least two weeks medication available in case of isolation.
- Stocking pantries with essential items (particularly important for any specific dietary requirements, such as allergies or intolerances).
- Advising Support Workers of Woolworths opening hours between 7-8am daily for priority supplies for the elderly and people with disability
- Restricting non-essential staff travel.
- Providing free flu vaccinations for staff when they become available.
- Regularly sharing Australian Governments’ advice and guidance on travel restrictions, self-isolation and what to do if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Ensuring all company vehicles and service vehicles are at least 75% full of fuel at all times.
- Increase awareness around personal hygiene, handwashing and general cleaning practices.
- Actively supervising our customers and supported employees to ensure hands are properly washed regularly.
- Reviewing the need for face to face meetings or group events.
If we have a confirmed case COVID-19
If a confirmed case of COVID-19 were to occur at an Endeavour Foundation site or Supported Accommodation, we would continue to adhere to the guidelines set by the Department of Health.
Our emergency response plan for this situation includes:
- The person will be isolated for 14 days if COVID-19 is suspected. They will be unable to return to an Endeavour Foundation service without written medical clearance.
Where there is a confirmed case, our emergency plans and infection control procedure will be enacted. This includes:
- Identifying what Endeavour Foundation customers and staff the person has been in contact with.
- Notifying the relevant Government departments and authorities.
- Cleaning the site or Supported Accommodation.
- Providing any necessary safety equipment
- We will arrange for family members or carers to keep in touch with the customer or staff member.