It’s our 70th year, let’s celebrate!
If you love to sing, dance and perform – now is the time to start practicing, performing and filming your act! This year Endeavour Foundation is celebrating 70 years of creating possibilities for people with disability, and in honour of this milestone we are hosting a special edition Battle of the Bands for our anniversary on the 15th June.
The theme for this year’s Battle of the Bands is ‘The future is bright’. All Endeavour Foundation sites will be encouraged to host an anniversary party, inviting families, friends and supporters to watch the performances and celebrate the achievements of the people we support.
What you need to know
- Band registrations close on 16 April 2021.
- Performers are encouraged to choose a song or create an original piece that speaks to future hopes, dreams and aspirations.
- Performances should be 3 minutes long.
- Band performances need to be filmed.
- Recorded performances need to received via Dropbox by Friday 30 April 2021. There are some helpful videos below about how to film your performance.
- To help you with the celebrations, your site will be supplied with everything you need to get the party started! You’ll receive party invitations, streamers, balloons and a delicious cake to enjoy together on the day.
Tips for filming
Your questions answered
Get ready to rock
Form your band and decide what your band is going to perform.
Acts need to be 2-3 minutes long (1 song only) and can be in any of the below styles:
- Singing to backing music or acapella
- Band performance (singing and live instrumental)
- Instrumental performances (e.g. drumming or percussion)
- Beat boxing or rapping (e.g. poetry to music)
- Dancing or movement to music (e.g. sign language)
Participate in Battle of the Bands (performance criteria)
- You can participate as a band or soloist from any of our Endeavour Foundation home, work and community sites.
- Band must be made up of majority members with intellectual disability.
- Band members can only perform in one band.
- Performance submissions must be filmed, and received no later than 5pm Friday 30 April 2021.
The future is bright theme
We encourage all performers to choose a song or create an original piece that speaks to future hopes, dreams and aspirations.
Our judges will award winners for best costume, best performance energy, and a judge’s choice award. There won’t be an overall winner of Battle of the Bands.
Tips and tricks for filmingWe’ve created instructional videos (above) providing helpful tips and tricks for how to film your performance.
Submit your performance
From 10 April 2021, you’ll be able to upload your performance video on this webpage via Dropbox. All you need to do is label your performance file with your band name, click onto the ‘upload your performance’ button and follow the simple instructions.
Submissions will close 5pm Friday 30 April 2021.
Endeavour Foundation viewing partiesYou don’t have to miss out on the all the fun. You can watch the Battle of the Bands event from your Endeavour Foundation site parties on Tuesday 15 June.
Dropbox won't open for me
Tell me more about the 70th anniversary party
To support your 70th anniversary local site party, the marketing team will be supplying you with a kit that includes decorations, invitation templates and posters. We’ll also help you organise a decorated cake locally.