NDIS in SA
- Trial site covers the entire state.
- 5,000 participants – children with a disability aged 14 and under.
- 1,600 participants aged 0-5 years from 1 July 2013.
- 3,000 participants aged 0-13 years from 1 July 2014.
- 400 participants aged 0-14 years from 1 July 2015.
- Full roll-out of the NDIS from July 2016 and by July 2018, all eligible South Australia residents will be covered.
NDIS Rollout Timeline
1 February 2016
- Children 0-14 years – South Australia
1 January 2017
- Young people 15-17 years – South Australia
1 July 2017
- Adults 18-64 years – North Adelaide, Barossa Light & Lower North
1 October 2017
- Adults 18-64 years – City of Tea Tree Gully, Limestone Coast, Murray Mallee
1 January 2018
- Adults 18-64 years – Southern Adelaide, Fleurieu Kangaroo Island, Eyre Western, Far North, Yorke Mid North
1 April 2018
- Adults 18-64 years – Easter Adelaide, Western Adelaide, Adelaide Hills
Blogs and NDIS information you maybe interested in
Get ready for the NDIS with these pre-planning tools
A pre-planning booklet to help you to think about the supports you want and need – now and in the future – before meeting with your NDIA planner.
Discover guide to the NDIS
A practical, comprehensive guide to the NDIS, to help people understand the various components of the NDIS and how to access them.
NDIS FAQs and Glossary of Terms
A handy guide of NDIS FAQs and a glossary so you can familiarise yourself with NDIS language before your planning meeting.