NDIS in WA
The roll out of the NDIS is unique in WA as two separate disability service model trials have been running in different locations over a three year period to 30 June 2017:
- In July 2014, the NDIS trial site began operating in the Perth Hills region for people living in the local government areas of Swan, Kalamunda and Mundaring.
- At the same time, WA’s NDIS My Way model commenced for people aged under 65 in the Lower South West area of Western Australia, with the Lower South West, and Cockburn and Kwinana joining in July 2015.
The WA trial provided an opportunity to compare and contrast the two different models. Both were be independently evaluated and the outcome will inform how disability services are provided into the future in WA and nationally.
On 31 January 2017, the Commonwealth and Western Australian Governments signed a Bilateral Agreement for a nationally consistent, locally delivered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Western Australia. Roll out was due to commence from 1 July 2017, and by June 2019 every eligible West Australian will be able to participate in the NDIS.
NDIS Rollout Timeline
1 July 2017
- Kimberley-Pilbara, South Metro, Perth Hills
1 July 2018
- Goldfields Esperance, North Metro, Wheatbelt, South West and Central South Metro
1 July 2019
- Midwest Gascoyne, Great Southern, Central North Metro and South East Metro
For information about NDIS events near you, visit the NDIS calendar of events here.
To find out more:
Email us: here
Call us: 1800 112 112
Visit the NDIS website: https://www.ndis.gov.au/
Visit the WA NDIS My Way website: http://disability.wa.gov.au/wa-ndis-my-way/wa-ndis-my-way/
Blogs and NDIS information you maybe interested in
Get ready for the NDIS with these pre-planning tools
A pre-planning booklet to help you to think about the supports you want and need – now and in the future – before meeting with your NDIA planner.
Discover guide to the NDIS
A practical, comprehensive guide to the NDIS, to help people understand the various components of the NDIS and how to access them.
NDIS FAQs and Glossary of Terms
A handy guide of NDIS FAQs and a glossary so you can familiarise yourself with NDIS language before your planning meeting.