NDIS in NSW
- Trial site covered the Hunter region for people living in the local government areas of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland.
- 3,000 participants in Newcastle from 1 July 2013.
- 2,000 participants in Lake Macquarie from 1 July 2014.
- 5,000 participants in Maitland from 1 July 2015.
- From 1 July 2017, the NDIS became available across New South Wales and by July 2018, all eligible New South Wales residents will be covered.
NDIS Rollout Timeline
1 July 2016
- Northern Sydney, South Western Sydney, Western Sydney, Central Coast, Nepean Blue Mountains, Southern NSW, Hunter New England
1 July 2017
- South Eastern Sydney, Sydney district, Far West, Illawarra Shoalhaven, Mid North Coast, Murrumbidgee, Northern NSW, Western NSW
1 July 2018
- NDIS operating state-wide
Blogs and NDIS information you maybe interested in
Get ready for the NDIS with these pre-planning tools
A pre-planning booklet to help you to think about the supports you want and need – now and in the future – before meeting with your NDIA planner.
Discover guide to the NDIS
A practical, comprehensive guide to the NDIS, to help people understand the various components of the NDIS and how to access them.
NDIS FAQs and Glossary of Terms
A handy guide of NDIS FAQs and a glossary so you can familiarise yourself with NDIS language before your planning meeting.