NDIS in NSW
- Trial site covered the Hunter region for people living in the local government areas of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland.
- 3,000 participants in Newcastle from 1 July 2013.
- 2,000 participants in Lake Macquarie from 1 July 2014.
- 5,000 participants in Maitland from 1 July 2015.
- From 1 July 2017, the NDIS became available across New South Wales and by July 2018, all eligible New South Wales residents will be covered.
Blogs and NDIS information you maybe interested in
Get ready for the NDIS with these pre-planning tools
A pre-planning booklet to help you to think about the supports you want and need – now and in the future – before meeting with your NDIA planner.
Discover guide to the NDIS
A practical, comprehensive guide to the NDIS, to help people understand the various components of the NDIS and how to access them.
NDIS FAQs and Glossary of Terms
A handy guide of NDIS FAQs and a glossary so you can familiarise yourself with NDIS language before your planning meeting.